Riley Ramoie – Owner
Born From A Solid Foundation
Your project needs a strong plan and an even stronger crew to make it all happen. We’re a family-owned company of second generation excavation professionals who’ve spent the last 35 years honing our craft. We know our industry’s best practices inside and out and we’ve got the seasoned skills to bring your ideas to life. We’ll take on your job as if it’s our own because we think your project deserves the best. (Don't you?)
We’ve got heavy machinery work in our blood. Riley was operating an excavator before he could even tie his shoes. Son to Ron & Janet Ramoie (who in 1978 established Molon Excavating & Landscaping) Riley learned at a young age the ins and outs of operating excavation equipment and spent every summer setting boulders, digging for septic systems, and doing demolition work — and what kid doesn’t love knocking things down?
As he grew up and continued to work for his parents’ business, Riley focused in on the finer details of what came with every job. His drive to learn everything he could about project management, laser automation, and AutoCAD and 3D earthwork software gave him the knowledge to be a skilled, vital part of the team. And the passion didn’t stop there… Riley came to understand that offering a service meant much more than just completing the job. Providing top notch customer service wasn’t just a goal, but an expectation.
After moving to Grand Rapids to learn from some of mid-Michigan’s leading excavating companies, Riley returned home to Traverse City to get back to his roots and put his practice to the test. He established Modal LLC in 2012 and today, we’re proud to be northern Michigan’s premier leader in excavating and underground utilities, helical pier installation, heavy civil construction, and construction management.
A few building blocks of Riley’s path:
- Wore all hats at R. Ramoie Contracting
- Pipe Layer, Operator at Jack Dykstra Excavating (Grand Rapids)
- Foreman at Oetman Excavating (Grand Rapids)
- Lead Excavator Operator at Georgetown Construction (Grand Rapids)
- Estimator & Project Manager at Rieth-Riley Construction Co.
- Completed the MDOT $14 million, 7-mile reconstruction of I-196 in Allegan County
- First graduating class of MITA’s (Michigan Infrastructure & Transportation Association) Future Leaders program (2010) — focused on business management, risk management, agency relationships, legislative process, infrastructure funding, etc.
- Michigan Certified Storm Water Operator